Monday, September 27, 2010

Background and Goal

So, in the interest of full disclosure I'm going to put a little weight background out here in the blog world so that if anyone is going to read this you can at least see where I started and where I'd like to be.  Before getting pregnant with my son in January 2007, I weighed in at *gulp* 180 lbs.  Yikes.  5 days before delivering him, I weighed 213 lbs.  That's right.  Let it sink in.  Surprising that I had horrible back pain, huh?  So when he was about 6 months old, I had pretty much stopped losing weight and was at 182.  Not too bad, only 2 lbs above my pre-preggo weight.  A few months after that I decided that I wanted to get healthy, fit and get to a healthy weight.  I am 5'9".  I started walking 6-7 days a week, for 45 minutes to an hour, doing some strength training about 3 days a week.  I gradually started going to the gym and eventually started running as well.  My weight loss stalled at about 155.  I was more than pleased and felt great.  I stayed that weight for over a year.  Then we started trying for another baby.  Well, things didn't go as we had planned and I stopped working out as consistently, also had 2 miscarriages so that put a cramp in my workouts as well.  At my first official weigh-in at my OB office I was at 165.  Well, I gained almost 40 lbs this time.  I vowed not to break 200 and of course I did.  My little girl weighed over 9 lbs but at almost 5 weeks postpartum I've still only lost 20 lbs.  So my current weight is 183.

I usually work out and run/walk at the gym.  I can put my son in their childcare service and have an hour to myself to exercise.  They don't take children until they are 6 weeks old and honestly I don't feel comfortable leaving my baby that early anyway.  I would prefer to wait until 8-12 weeks.  I've been exercising 2-3 times a week for the last 2 weeks.  Mostly walking around my neighborhood.  The problem is I can't do that very well because my baby hates her carseat and therefore my jogging stroller.  Plus, I have to wait until my husband gets home from work because otherwise I have to somehow take my almost 3 year old as well.  SO...until I can get to the gym, I'm using videos and trying to eat as healthy as I can (I'm nursing this time as well).

So, now you know my beginning weight, my goal is to get to 155 again, even though my alltimewillIevergettheregoal is 145.  I have no real reason for this number being my goal, other than I want to at least weigh as much as my husband and not vastly more.  But that's what I get for marrying someone with smaller bones than me, and a little shorter.

Saturday I purchased Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and today I did the workout for the first time.  I found it kept my heart rate up and I feel vaguely sore at this point.  Tomorrow might be another story.  I'm hoping to do this and then get some walking in on the weekends when I can go in the mornings on my own because my husband can stay with the kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment